ABU - ASALKAN BUKAN UMNO

ABU - ASALKAN BUKAN UMNO

My Exchange Banner

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Outright online bookkeeping for just $9.99 / mo!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

US teen's picture is too hot for school yearbook

Unknown | 5:45 PM | | | Best Blogger Tips

Do You Like This Story?








Sorry, your school yearbook photo is too racy to be published.
A school in Colorado, US, has taken offence at 18-year-old Sydney Spies' portrait, which has revealed much more than an ordinary school portrait should .
She claims she was told it was rejected because her attire in the photo violated the school's dress code.
The high school in Durango requires student to wear tops that "fully cover the chest, back, abdomen and sides of the student".

But the photo Sydney handed in showed her in a short yellow shirt with nothing but a black shawl wrapped around her chest and with her shoulders and midsection exposed, Daily Mail reported.
Sydney has refused to take the snub lying down. She has organised a protest to force the school administrators to reverse their decision.
"It's a little different from everyone else's picture," she told the Durango Herald. "I feel like they aren't allowing me to have my freedom of expression."
She told 9News, a local TV station: "Some people might think it's a little bit sexy or inappropriate.
"I'm a dancer, I'm trying to be a model, I really enjoy photography and I think that this is a good thing to represent me and I think they are taking away my freedom of expression."
Sydney and her mother, Mrs Miki Spies, and some of their friends made their point by waving placards outside the school.
Their contention is that the school cannot reject the photo until it creates a formal policy about yearbook photos.
Mrs Spies told the Herald: "The yearbook adviser is saying she can't use the picture, so the students are left with no voice in it. The law clearly states that it is the student's right to decide."
The mother and daughter are working with a lawyer in Denver to review the case, Mrs Spies said.


Recent Comments

Blogger Gadgets